1. Summer needs to be over now. I am wearing sweater in my frosty, AC-pumped office right now and I LOVE IT. Did you catch that – I am actually ENJOYING being cold. I am relishing it. Because the humidity outside is trying to kill me. Wrong. Summer canceled.
2. Over at Geeks of Doom, Eve blogs about a Sandman TV series in the works.
This is intriguing, but I have a lot of concerns about how this would be handled. In her post, she said she would rather it just stay a comic and never be adapted into anything else. I have to say, I totally agree. As much as I love a lot of comic-inspired films, I kind of don’t want anyone to fuck with Sandman… at all. Although if the creators of HBO’s devastingly awesome, too-soon-canceled series Carnivale want to take a crack at adapting Gaiman’s novel American Gods, call me.
3. I still haven’t picked up Mockingjay. Once I do, it will eat my life for at least an entire day and I don’t have time for that right now. So that means I’m trying to avoid the landmines of spoilers. It’s not easy.
4. I really, really, really want tickets to see Amanda Palmer in Cabaret at A.R.T. I need more money and time to make this happen.
5. One of my favorite people on earth is coming to visit and stay for the long weekend. Can’t wait to play tourist with him, Rhode Island is quite good for that sort of thing.
Now about this hurricane…