the list of january 15, 2012
loving right now:
- music by Ólafur Arnalds
- scavenging people’s “best of ” lists for 2011 for great music, movies, and books that I missed.
- the books The Wave by Susan Casey, Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- watching American Pickers with Darcy and scheming to go roadtripping/antiquing/flea market scrounging sometime
- the kindle fire (an unexpected holiday gift this year)
- brussel sprouts, soup, risotto and all citrus fruits
- David Fincher’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Rooney Mara’s interpretation of Lisbeth.
- still having christmas lights up in our house
- new (paper) journal and sketchbooks.
- a positive resolution for our lemon car nightmare. it’s almost over.
- ginger spice, my ukulele.
- dying my hair nearly-black. I think I’m going to go with this for a while. I like it.
on the horizon:
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Marting. And maybe I’ll get around to watching the Game of Thrones tv series
- reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close before I can go see the movie
- still want to see The Artist, The Descendents, the new Muppet movie, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Shame, Pina and a bunch of arthouse stuff that takes a long time to get to Rhode Island.
- wondering if I have time to make Valentine’s Cards for the shop? am I too late?
- Skins 6 is starting soon
- finding a good (safe, reasonably cheap and in decent condition) used car so that our schedule can go back to normal instead of being a mess of ride-sharing and long car trips back a forth to get both of us to work.
- learning to knit socks before the winter is over.