loving right now:
– music by Ólafur Arnalds
– scavenging people’s “best of ” lists for 2011 for great music, movies, and books that I missed.
– the books The Wave by Susan Casey, Graceling by Kristin Cashore
– watching American Pickers with Darcy and scheming to go roadtripping/antiquing/flea market scrounging sometime
– the kindle fire (an unexpected holiday gift this year)
– brussel sprouts, soup, risotto and all citrus fruits
– David Fincher’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Rooney Mara’s interpretation of Lisbeth.
– still having christmas lights up in our house
– new (paper) journal and sketchbooks.
– a positive resolution for our lemon car nightmare. it’s almost over.
– ginger spice, my ukulele.
– dying my hair nearly-black. I think I’m going to go with this for a while. I like it.
on the horizon:
– A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Marting. And maybe I’ll get around to watching the Game of Thrones tv series
– reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close before I can go see the movie
– still want to see The Artist, The Descendents, the new Muppet movie, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Shame, Pina and a bunch of arthouse stuff that takes a long time to get to Rhode Island.
– wondering if I have time to make Valentine’s Cards for the shop? am I too late?
– Skins 6 is starting soon
– finding a good (safe, reasonably cheap and in decent condition) used car so that our schedule can go back to normal instead of being a mess of ride-sharing and long car trips back a forth to get both of us to work.
– learning to knit socks before the winter is over.