* reflecting on my year.
it’s been challenging, but I feel like I’ve worked on some things a bit and come out better for it. overall it would consider it a good one. I’m looking forward to 2011. I have been for quite a while. I have a strange feeling it’s going to be one of my best.
* loving etsy.
in case you didn’t know, my shop Anchor Tag has been open for a while now. I love it! I love creating things for it. I love the community of artists on etsy and being inspired by them!
* finished reading:
- The Fall” by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Full review will be posted soon. I enjoyed it almost as much as The Strain, but felt it suffered from some of the same problems as well.
- In YA, I read Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson. It was excellent, although I didn’t find it as insanely compelling as Wintergirls. She’s brilliant and one of my ultimate YA role models.
- Darcy and I are reading The Godfather and good lord, is it somewhat terrible. It’s really, really inconsistant. Some of it is really engaging and then it just goes to shit for a few chapters at a time. It’s a wonder someone actually edited this book.
- the much buzzed-about Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
- Lighthousekeeping by one of my all-time favorite-favorite authors, Jeannette Winterson. I save her books for winter. I like to cozy up with them.
* also reading tons of blogs again.
after falling in love with tumblr, I kind of abandoned my feed reader practices. now I’ve gone back and revisited tons of great blogs and discovered some new ones. I’m really enjoying it. I use feedly and highly recommend it.
* movies recently:
Burlesque - cheezeball, silly, fun with dancing, much prettiness and cher. some truly awful moments and lagged a bit in the middle.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – LOVED it. what a beautiful film. you can read more of my thoughts on it right here.
* can’t wait to see:
Black Swan – Oh man. I had been thinking “What is Darren Aronofsky going to possibly do as a follow-up to The Wrestler that won’t be disappointing in some way?” I think the first trailer for this already answered that question and made me feel guilty for even thinking it.
True Grit - What can I say? I love Jeff Bridges. I love Matt Damon. The fierce trailer features a Johnny Cash tune. (Attach Johnny to anything and it gets instant bonus points with me). I don’t like every Coen Brothers’ movie. But I will see any Coen Brothers’ movie. So, it’s on.
Tron: Legacy – I feel inexplicably drawn to this one, even though I know it may be ridiculous.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part Two – I know this one’s a ways off, but holy crap, Part 1 was so good!
*eating soup every day. also recently acquired a taste and craving for kalamata olives.
* been drinking entirely too much coffee. (even for me)
* listening to christmas music. lots and lots of christmas music.
* wanting it to snow. already. dammit. I do live in New England, last time I checked we get Wintery around here, right?